Microsoft has released a new update for Asp.Net MVC3. This update won’t update the MVC3 runtime, it only updates the tooling for MVC3 and this also installs NuGet v1.2 (NuGet is a Visual Studio extension that makes it easy to add, remove, and update libraries and tools in Visual Studio projects that use the .NET Framework). You can download the MVC3 tools update from here.
Changes in ASP.NET MVC 3 Tools Update
- New Intranet Project Template for Windows Authentication.
- HTML 5 checkbox to enable HTML 5 versions of project templates.
- “Add Controller” dialog box can now scaffold controllers with views and data access code.
- Project templates include updated versions of jQuery (jQuery 1.5.1), jQuery UI (jQuery UI 1.8.11), and jQuery Validation (jQuery Validation 1.8) .
- Project templates now include ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.1 as a pre-installed NuGet package.